The National Museum of Antiquities has been an independent institution since 1995 that manages the archaeological portion of the national collection and has the duty to make this accessible to a large public. The museum has about fifty permanent or temporary employees.
The internal organisation of the museum is divided into management and three departments:
- Internal and Public Affairs Department
- Collections and Research Department
- Finance and Business Administration Department
The management team, consisting of the director and the heads of the three departments, is responsible for day-to-day management.
Internal and Public Affairs Department
The director leads the Internal and Public Affairs Staffthat consists of employees from P&O, marketing, communications, presentations, education, fund raising and the office.
- The director of the National Museum of Antiquities is Wim Weijland
contact: 071 – 5163 106 email@example.com
- list of Internal and Public Affairs Dept. staffand their contact info
Collections and Research Department
The Collections and Research Department manages the collections. This occurs by means of the acquisition, storage and transport of objects, issue and applications for items on loan, preservation, restoration and registration. Thesix curators of the museum conduct scientific research into the collection and bear the substantive responsibility for presentations in the museum. The department also handles the management and accessibility of graphics archives for internal and external clients.
- The head of the Collections and Research Department is Pieter ter Keurs
contact: 071 – 5163 130 firstname.lastname@example.org
- list of Collections and Research Dept. staffand their contact info
Finance and Business Administration Department
The staff of the Finance and Business Administration Department work behind the scenes at the museum to some degree. They are responsible for the management of the buildings, security, automation and financial administration. But they are also very visible sometimes: the public service handles the accompaniment of museum visitors, general provision of information and the organisation of public activities.
- The head of the Finance and Business Administration Department is Guus Waals (present on Mon, Tue)
contact: 071 – 5163 121 email@example.com
- list of Finance and Business Administration Dept. staffand their contact info