Are you a student, a researcher, or someone who takes an interest in antiquity? Come and pay a visit to the academic library of the National Museum of Antiquities. You will find a rich collection of over 27,000 books, journals, offprints, early printed books, and auction catalogues. There are publications on all the museums various collecting areas: Ancient Egypt, the classical world (Greeks, Romans, and Etruscans), the ancient Near East, and the early history of the Netherlands (until 1500).
Searching the online catalogue
- Go to the search screen(in Dutch)
Visiting the library
To ensure that we can assist you in the best possible way, please send us an email (email@example.com) before your visit, explaining your wishes. Then we can get the books you need ready for you to consult.
- address: Papengracht 30 (behind the museum), 2311 TX Leiden
- opening hours: Tuesday to Friday, from 12 noon to 4 p.m.
- summer holiday: closed from Tuesday 17 July to Tuesday 28 August 2018
- contact: Tel. +31 (0)71 516 3159 or +31 (0)71 516 3124 or by email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other interesting pages on this website:History of the collection and the museum
Books that have been published before 1900, unfortunately cannot be copied or scanned. Taking photos (without flash) is allowed.
Since 2008 a group of dedicated volunteers has been working here keep the library in good order and to receive visitors. The library is open to all: admission and consulting the books and other publications are free of charge. It is not possible to borrow books; you can consult them in the library. Dont forget to bring a valid ID with you when you come to visit the library.